We will be having a week of coworking. Every day this week, we’re going to pick a place to meet, and everyone can come and go as their schedule permits. Hack on whatever you’re doing that day. This, minus a little bit of the privacy, is the day-to-day that you guys will see when we have a dedicated space, and I hope it will be a chance to vet our ideas and get people involved.
- Monday (1/30): Duffield Hall, second floor, the open lounge on the side closest to Sage and Statler.
- Tuesday (1/31): CS lounge
- Wednesday (1/32): None—go to startup career fair!
- Thursday (1/33): WSH first floor corner lounge (Ho plaza side)
- Friday (1/34): TBA
If you know an awesome space on campus that should be on the list, post it in the group. There’s a big list of suggestions there already, so voice your opinion on which ones we should try!
We had a great turnout and some really awesome ideas out on the table. We brainstormed through everything on the agenda, and here’s what came out:
- We want to create a space that is separate from the Cornell campus, but nearby.
- The space is the epicenter for a community of entrepreneurial students seeking to hone their craft in the world of technology
- Students from every discpline are welcome, as long as they have something to contribute.
- Members are to apply or be invited, and their acceptance is at the sole discretion of the existing community.
- We want to create a shared archive of knowledge for our members, to accelerate ourselves and future members in our pursuits.
- We want to maintain a set of relationships with lawyers, hosting providers, et al. that help our members get the things they need on low/no budget, and quickly.
- We want to be accessible 24 hours a day, and reserve space and money for some exercise equipment, a ping pong table, and a kitchen space with coffee and drinks.
It was awesome to see the energy in the group today and all the ideas you guys brought to the table. I really look forward to seeing what we can do together.
There will be a planning meeting 430 Friday 1/27 in Upson (room TBA). On the agenda is:
- What should the form of this beast be?
- Who wants to play a role in its formation?
- How do we want to interface with the tech campus?
- Where shall we seek funding?
We also need to get to know each other, as the people involved in this are from a few largely disjoint groups. Tweet @cornellcowork before the meeting with suggestions!